In June 2006, I had one of those phone calls that you never forget….
I was talking with my friend Dean Jackson, and he said to me, “Its never been a better time in history to be Joe Stumpf.”
Intrigued, I said, “Tell me more.” “Joe, you love to create content and teach it… and then create more content and teach it. Youre a content creating machine! With the Internet and blogging, you have the perfect vehicle to drive your unique genius.”
In that moment, something deep within me came to life – something that felt clear, and true, and inspiring. What a gift! He spoke the right words at the right time, and they came from the right person. (Thank you, Dean!)
Two months later, on August 6, 2006, I launched my blog: Joe’s Journal. Every day, I wrote and posted something authentic, raw, and inspired. As I found my voice and gained some traction, the numbers of views and followers soared.
It was so fulfilling to be building and contributing to a community of like-minded people! The process made me feel sharper, more energized, and more compelled to stay at the top of my game.
Ten months later, my business partner approached me with a new idea. He had noticed the energy and momentum of Joe’s Journal and suggested we create a corporate blog for By Referral Only – and merge the two into one. I agreed. It seemed like a great idea – let’s bring that energy and momentum to our business!
Fast-forward a year… my passion and energy were fading fast. My heart just wasnt into blogging anymore.
Why? What happened?
It took me a while to realize that Joe’s Journal had been fueled by a drive to express my voice, my style, and my ideas – without reservation. My blog was an expression and reflection of my unique genius. But, when I tried to merge my raw, authentic voice with a corporate brand, it felt weak and watered down.
So, I explored new ways to share my unique genius – and I began to thrive again. Since 2007, I have:
- Written 20 books. See amazon.
- Became the oldest guy at 54 to survive the civilian version of the Navy Seal Hell Week. Read my book Willing Warrior.
- Created 78 training programs
- Conducted 1600+ one-on-one coaching sessions
- Created the Daily Inspired Actions e-mail
- Developed the CBROC Certification Program
- Established the Daily Joe Instagram account @JoeStumpf
- Developed a 3-day event “The Next Highest Version” that I host at my Compassion Ranch
- Envisioned and assembled the BroVance community of 150 high-caliber agents and lenders who support each other and work with me to achieve bigger, bolder, more conscious
- Became the 20 Fittest Man in the World at Crossfit at the age of 60.
- Launched our most recent creation: Fast Pass Coaching and Accountability.
- Next month we launch my Video Blog Creating Growing Leading A Referral Tribe.
- In October 2108 we are opening: Joe Stumpf’s Coaching Academy. This is where you learn to coach and build a coaching business.
Every one of these ventures has been deeply fulfilling. They came from an inspired, energized place, and felt like authentic expressions of my unique genius. I’m excited to share with you my thoughts, ideas and insights for many years to come. Off we go.